About Visionary Accountants:
We are a Chartered Management Accountancy practice looking to recruit for our St Albans office, located in the centre of town. There are currently seven staff, associates and partners based in St Albans. We are growing rapidly and looking to ensure we have enough resource to maintain our customer service levels. We provide Payroll and Bookkeeping services across Hertfordshire and North London including: Welwyn Garden City, Hemel Hempstead and Watford.
The Payroll & Bookkeeping Assistant Role:
We are seeking an experienced payroll and bookkeeping assistant preferably with at least 2 years’ practical experience to take on:
- Payroll: To manage an expanding portfolio of client payrolls plus new client work. The role requires end-to-end payroll processing and liaison with clients and their employees to deliver timely and accurate monthly payrolls using Sage software. A knowledge of workplace pensions/automatic enrolment and statutory payments is desirable.
- Bookkeeping: The role also requires bookkeeping skills to process a portfolio of our outsourced bookkeeping contracts. These mainly use Xero software but knowledge of Sage and Quickbooks is also required. Solid double-entry knowledge is a must and the ability to complete monthly accounts to Trial Balance.
The role is full-time but would consider part-time if the candidate has the required skills. The role will also involve ongoing auto enrolment processing using our Sage pensions module and uploading key pension information to the relevant pension provider. You will be reporting to our HR and Payroll Director who will bring new clients and client work on-board before passing these over to the payroll assistant. You will report to our Practice Manager for bookkeeping assignments. You will receive appropriate training.
We currently use Sage 50 Payroll Bureau software with the Pensions Module for payroll and various bookkeeping solutions such as Xero, Sage, Quickbooks and Excel.
The ideal candidate will be able to work to tight client delivery deadlines as well as being able to co-ordinate with other team members to assist with workflows. The ideal candidate must be a motivated and personable individual who can integrate well with a team and embrace change; we are looking for constant improvement and want input from all our staff. Customer care and communication is our number one priority. We also have a sociable team culture and celebrate our successes with various events and socials.
There is a long-term career development opportunity for the right person, to play a valued role in a successful and growing business.
Key Skills and software knowledge required:
- Payroll – Sage 50 Payroll Bureau
- Auto enrolment – Sage Pensions Module
- Statutory payments
- Word and Excel skills to strong level
- Client-facing soft skills - COMMUNICATION
- Bookkeeping/VAT/Management Accounts (SAGE + XERO + QUICKBOOKS + EXCEL)
- Practice Management (ACCOUNTANCY MANAGER)
- Statutory accounts production (IRIS)
- Corporation Tax Returns (IRIS)
- Personal Tax returns – (IRIS)
- Company Secretarial – (IRIS)
- Internal Communications – (SLACK)
Basis of contract:
- Employed full-timeMon to Fri 9am to 5pm. Part-time would be considered
- No on-site parking however ample NCP parking available nearby
- 28 days holiday + 1 day extra per year worked; up to maximum of 33 days including bank holidays. (Pro-rata for part-time)
- Company Pension Scheme (conditions apply)
- Private Medical Cover (conditions apply)
- Salary – competitive and dependant on experience